Sunday, September 23, 2012

uhm



I feel like a lot of people talk about God like he isn't present
But I promise you there has never been a day that He was absent
And He's got no plans to become a truant
So stop tryin to mark God as not here
Let it become more personal, we are sort of His career
His unconditional love is as present as that kid we all thought was weird
Can you not feel Him, sitting behind you reading as he strokes his beard?
He is even at my finger tips typing this message to you
Yes you, every single one of you, not just you, don't be a Jew
This love is for everyone, I know this to be true
I'd write more lines, but that's all I really knew
I know I am just as shallow as the next one but please don't sue
I don't really have much money, so I guess you could take my shoes
Now I am more than certain that this poem is through
But I don't like to call it a poem, I don't want to insult those who
Actually write something with more worth than a dented can of soup
I'm shooting, but I can't get it any where near that hoop
Practice makes perfect, but perfection won't be found within time's noose
Only in The Holy One, if you love with Him your time could become a loop
attached to another loop in this never ending sideways 8 that makes my brain feel like poop
If you can grasp infinity, then you are on the right path to understand the good news

No comments:

Post a Comment