Sunday, September 16, 2012

abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz

I feel like everyone is always trying to sound deep and wise by defining love. And I know I’m just trying to sound deeper and wiser, but I don’t think words are enough to describe this feeling, this undefinable connection cannot be written within a single poem or song, nor can it be measured by mere actions, it is only something to be felt in the moment between your eyes where they meet in the middle to explode into far beyond this warm sloppy joy, a comfort that lets you unload your mess. Now don’t let me fool you, I haven’t the slightest clue what love is at its truest, I just know that since I cannot define the love I experience there is no way that anyone else could describe it for me.
You can show me all of the lakes and streams
All of the mountain ranges full of trees
All of the sunsets falling with such ease
Even all of the moonlit oceans rippling with the breeze
But you will never show me anything as beautiful
as the girl that loves me
You can play me great symphonies
I can listen to a whole rain forest sing
I can hear the most wonderful harmonies
You could remind me of the first time I heard The Beatles
But nothing will ever sound as sweet
As her voice and the words that it breathes

And when I look into her eyes I find a love that is more than just a chemical reaction causing my electrical pulses to jump out of my skull leaving me dumblosted, because the only thing I’ve found is that all I need is her eyes holding me tight keeping me afloat with her smile, while her laughter gets my ears dancing to the beat.

No comments:

Post a Comment