Sunday, September 16, 2012

Light at the beginning of the tunnel

If you would like to hear some lyrics that come from my career of battlin my mirror, I'm sorry I would rather drink some beer, uhm I mean liquor give me that clear stuff fill up my peer's cup so we can drink til the nearest sun comes up for us to feel its endearing love. This will be a year unlike the rest, I won't say it's gonna be the best cuz this isn't a contest and I can't predict the years left, but I can reject all the bullshit you try to inject into this 365 day project I started with zest and I will protect it from your infestation. The game started but I didn't place a bet, so the outcome is not an object on which I will spend my attention, so let's just forget for a second that our date is set and collect all these moments, put them in my pocket and save them for a rainy day, when we can't go outside to play and the wrinkles hide your face, we will be so close to finishing this race, but I like to think of it as a lazy stroll, I am not running towards being old, until then I'll just be absorbin' this tired as I watch these nights crawl by, flippin' pennies to spread some luck, stackin' quarters to see if I have enough, this belly is a rumblin' and I ain't got paid in months, this smile is on my face and it's not a bluff, I know my life isn't even that tough, at least I got atmosphere fillin' up my lungs, while I got some Atmosphere bouncin' off my ear drums, could never get enough of that man we call Slug.

No comments:

Post a Comment