Sunday, September 16, 2012

p.s.

I did quite the job at messing this up bad
I’ve got no chance of getting her back
Now all I can think of is all the times she made me glad
If I could take her smile I’d keep it in a bag
Too take out and stare at when life was being a drag
And I’m the only one to blame for being this sad
I failed and threw our love into the trash
I never realized what a wonderful girl I had
And now all I can do is sing about being a bastard
Cuz I took our happiness and sent it down some rapids
Battered and bruised, alone here I stand
I lost her in the fray, we didn’t stick to the plan
Maybe if I had used something more permanent than crayons
I could be writing about a completely different past
But this life doesn’t give you many chances
So I take what I get and rejoice at the advances
Even if sometimes it knocks me on my pants
Just got to let it out in one of these rants
And keep happy no matter the circumstances
Hoping that my smile doesn’t die and turn to ashes
Like the last of a stoner’s stash
Or a chronic gambler’s cash
Rather I’d like to make my cheeks splash
As my lips dive up into a delicious laugh

May as well focus on the present until it passes
There it goes did you see it ooze by like molasses?
Collecting dust as into the past it is added
Or did it zoom by, leaving way too fast?
Avoiding today as into yesterday it dashes
I try to keep time slow so I can appreciate each little patch
Letting it speed up makes each moment harder to catch
So I lower the tempo by lounging in some grass
Instead of using blinkers as metronomes as my car burns gas
Burning these seconds into minutes as I’m backed up in traffic
And burning these nights into weeks as I’m back to that flask
As these weeks burn to months I feel more and more plastic
Faking this social to keep them from asking
So many questions that have no chance of grasping
Any real answer from my stupid ass mouth that’s flapping



My mind is like cupped hands trying to hold on to water
the water is the thoughts slipping through the cracks,
dripping onto this page as if my hands weren't even
there to stop any of this
And there it goes, did you catch it?
My thoughts just jumped into your mind, it was pretty
fast, but they went through your eyes so you must
have seen it, well maybe my next couple words
will make it more lucid, like anyone's mind yours
is able to be bent, like right now I am making you
say this in your head, well you have a choice, but
I am influencing your decision by putting this all in
front of you, so all I would like to say now is that
you forgot to use your own words to read this,
maybe if you would, this could all be complete

No comments:

Post a Comment