Sunday, September 23, 2012

tangents and cosines


How easy it seemed to undress her
I guess I actually impressed her
She had been taught her whole life she was less than dirt
And when I told her the truth, that her beauty was the best, she turned
Negative because she could never look in that mirror without finding
something to detest first
She thinks I just said these things in jest to flirt
But this was never about the contest, or just to take off her shirt
I found a beauty that doesn't just outshine the rest
It fills the world around it with meaning and worth
And all we did was create a playful mess
But I never could have imagined how much that mess hurt
You don't know what you got 'til it's kissing you goodbye
And I hugged her tight so she wouldn't see me cry
Been a long time since a tear has dropped from my eye
Though she can't know she hurt me, so my eyes I quickly wipe
Just got to be that resilient guy
The one you will see full of laughter and smiles
And it's always the same look of surprise
When they find out that I'm unbelievably shy

No comments:

Post a Comment