Monday, September 17, 2012

I did write it though


I did not write this to get a page view
I did not write this to get a +1 from you
I did not write this for the money
I did not write this just to be funny
I sort of wrote this just to write this
I sort of wrote this to find my bliss
I did not write this because I need attention
I sort of wrote this cuz i could never pay attention
I sort of wrote this cuz the withdrawals make me
Every minute away from a pen and paper forsake me
I wrote this because I don't know how to speak this
I sort of wrote this because I wanted to see it
Written out in lines, arranged for my convenience
I sort of wrote this because I'm getting proud of my two cents
I really wrote this because I don't want to go out there
Rather sit in my room keeping these white pages from being bare
I never really work well with society
I'm always stuck inside of me
My mind can go on for days
Entertaining itself, maybe I'm crazy
But at least I can accept this insanity
Most deny and perpetuate their vanity
I know that I'll never be a very good writer
But I did not write this to impress you
I merely wrote this because I had a pen in my hand
I made it rhyme because my mind keeps finding these words
But I don't need to rhyme to get this fix from these little blurbs
Scratching this ink into this paper to calm the urges
An addiction that I can't go to a group for
I guess I'll just write some more

No comments:

Post a Comment