Sunday, September 23, 2012

ascending-meter

Once
I jumped
Off this ledge
The clouds stood still
I fell quite slowly
Into the yellow sun
So full of blinding colors
I looked back to where my home was
To avoid the painful burning waves
And I saw a sight way too hard to bare
The world looking back at me with so much cheer
While getting closer with every little moment
Each tiny speck of dirt becoming way too clear
I finally felt what it feels like when death draws near
A feeling I could spend a thousand lifetimes avoiding
But it only takes a single lifetime to mess this all up
Hell it only takes a puny second to ruin all of this
So spend each minute like it's the best sixty lifetimes you ever lived
And please don't forget to leave the rest of us with a smile in our minds
Because this world can get rough, and we need each other to smooth it out nice
If you would be my sandpaper then we can see where the rest of this takes us
Just please don't leave me hanging, cuz this rope will eventually rub my neck raw
This world's askew tilt knocked over the chair, now my toes are barely scratching up the floor
I will now leave this world just as I arrived; kicking and grasping for some form of comfort,
For twenty-three syllables I'll say; supercalifragilistiqexbialidotious
I guess that signifies the end of this attempt at a new format, now it is your turn to try
I'll write twenty-five syllables to tell you that none of this is hard, it's all inside your worried mind

No comments:

Post a Comment