Saturday, September 29, 2012

happens word


Follow me as I dive down far beneath
any of you fools that always seem to think
that your all of your words are actually deep
I look up at you and the incline is fairly steep
I can tell that what you say is pretty cheap
All that your words do is put me half to sleep
The others like them, but they are just sheep
Doing their best to fit in and feel complete
Though I'd rather not just sit here blowin' off steam
I don't need to be crushing anyone's dreams
Mostly because tomorrow is nowhere near guaranteed
and if you let it, today can slow to a creep
for now, I have some words that will slowly seep
Deep within your mind I will plant this seed
I write these words for me, for you there is no fee
Cherish this all cuz few things in life are free
Now here it is, if you would carefully read:
He gave us salvation even though we proved unworthy
He loves you dearly, all you must do is semi-blindly believe
This world does its best to keep you from the dream
We can always see, but we don't always perceive
That through God there is nothing you can't achieve
Screw instant gratification, I would rather be happy for eternity
This smile's on my face even if you can't always see
Nothing can bring me down, knowing that He wants me
You might miss me a little but I really must leave
You see I am a bird, I'll go where I can live most comfortably
Which is usually in the shade underneath a willow tree
Where the leaves look like tears succumbing to gravity
Now on the final line, I will say to you please be filled with peace

No comments:

Post a Comment