Sunday, September 23, 2012

train tracks


I wonder why so many people like to talk to their mirror
They are talking to an inanimate object that has no ears
Or they are talking to themselves, which in public would be queer
When I'm looking at a mirror I'm brushing my teeth making them clear
I don't really have anything to say that I even slightly want to hear
So if I'm lookin at myself its barely even with a leer
Besides I'd rather move on with this day the 24th hour is fairly near
Perhaps though, I don't talk to my mirror cuz I'm busy talkin in here
I swear its not a diary I don't ever start out with a Dear,
Let's see what happens when I turn this book into my mirror:

Good job on waking up today, now fill your heart up with some cheer
I don't have much for you, but don't let it show to your peers
Keep that grin shinin no matter who is walkin by
Cuz you know that all they require is a simple smile
Shallow as a plastic kiddie pool, filled with a sand pile
The truth can set you free so they've been confined for quite a while
Within this sad cage full of lies and matching tile
They just worried about this next season's brand-new-old-ass style

If only they would notice this moment
and let it fill their mouths with smiles

It's really lame but so obvious that they are really in denial
That all they are looking for is the person to walk down the aisle
But the idea of marriage in the minds of this generation has been defiled
What used to be running a marathon is now like walking a quarter mile
You can get divorced as quick as you can pick up a phone and dial
All I know is that when I tell my kids about how I met my wife
I hope I can say that it wasn't something that happened overnight
I also hope I'm not talking to them while being supervised
Rather tell them while she is sittin next to me holdin me tight.


I get lost in my own words sometimes
So if I woke up and talked to my mirror I'd never get to school on time
And I'm sorry if you've been readin this, cuz its just a waste of time
I wonder how many more times I can try to rhyme time with time
You see each time is a new one, so there is no way to say that this time
Is exactly the same as this one, and all this time I've been trying to save up on time
I opened up a savings account, but my bank loaned out all my time
Now I am looking under my couch seats for some spare time
Cuz I spent my last minute to write this last line

No comments:

Post a Comment