Sunday, September 23, 2012

like grasping sand

I haven't been hungry since you walked out my heart, but that's implying that you left it behind, it grabbed your ankles and you dragged it out with you, but it crawled back and sometimes I feel like slitting my wrists to let out all this extra blood that my heart has been pumping since you got it all worked up, but don't worry I won't be driven to the bottom of a rope, taking my life would not be a good punchline for this joke I've been livin, I don't want to be found lying next to a note, I would rather live a life worth a great toast, I hope when I finally pass that people will not be morose, they should only move on, that is what I want most. Now I'm just taking on these days one at a time I don't have the motivation to care about tomorrow yet, making plans is like trying to build a sand castle without any water
I don't see why you'd ever bother
There is someone out there for me but I guess it's not her
the way she's got me feeling I could easily rot here
I swear it was right, forever was so near
but now I don't know what to think when I look in a mirror
I could turn all this heartbreak into a career
I think of all the future lonely years and I get filled with fear
but it's easier to bear with when I have God above
watchin' out for me and holdin me snug
He is easy to follow if you see He is just spreadin the love
and of his love and presence I just can't get enough
When I've got the Lord on my side I feel a lot more tough
Even when I'm walkin alone I'm still walkin with Jesus

No comments:

Post a Comment