Sunday, September 1, 2013

inky fingers

I got these butterflies cuz I care too much
I got this butter knife tryin to spread some love
some people are normal
some people are fakin it
it's usually  the ones that that stay themselves
that can make a change to save the world
you can just call me a phony
because I don't even think I know me
I throw out front after front
to keep from being lonely
whenever I am myself the room gets toasty not so slowly
its far from cozy
all I can hear are my thoughts
my ears are blocked
"I wonder if they are wondering if I am wondering"
"I'm wandering in this wonderful wondering, are they still talking?"
it gets so loud
a cloud shrouding your voices sunshine
and yes, I'm fine
this blank expression is due to being trapped inside my  mind
lost in the woods
trying to find my bread crumbs
but the crows have been following
keepin me from ever becoming
homeward bound
what an incredible journey
this will sound like if I ever get around
to reaching my destination but
all you will expect is to hear me repeat your perspective
but first put it through  my little window so it feels like
I agree with you
but I'm just trying to see the last of you
I do it with a smile to reduce the friction
and I'll even try to make you laugh
if you promise to not expect me to prolong this fiction
I'm everyone's best friend
but mostly because none of them are listening
to my eyes that silently cry yet stay dry
no more tears to fill up these bags under my eyes
so I pack them with this present and offer greens to the closest
they can take it or they can leave
either way I hope they receive the love that's underneath
hidden within my dull speech

No comments:

Post a Comment