Thursday, September 12, 2013

times

I say I am christian
but
I really just wish I was christian
to be christian is to be christ-like
and I'm as close to Christ as a boulder is close
to a cloud floating in the sky deciding
to cry for me and my hard-headed attempt
to stay on the ground
I am just an asshole trying to sit here
and stack some flat-lining words
dying to fall through to the next line
while I'm passin on any chances that come my way
I won't be an asset, I'm at least an ametuer crafter
draftin my trash, turn it into the average
bat shit crazed ballad
words dancing across the back of your beat
relax and take a seat
while I invade your brain and give you a treat
no trick, just peace
and I hope I can leave a bit of love in between
each tick of your pulse pushing life into the next
tock of the clock that stopped so long ago
we forgot we were lost

No comments:

Post a Comment