Thursday, September 19, 2013

I'm gonna find myself a field full of puddles

Sometimes it's more comfy on the ground
gravity can win this round
I'm gonna stay down and listen
for the pound of the Earth's heartbeat advance and retreat
while the sound of silence secretly secretes signals of
salutations and slow suicide
swimming through the shallow end
solving sadness with separation and sugar pills
swallow, just swallow this spoonful before the sunset
shows the stars
staring statically
soaring savagely through the spaces that are
stuck existing sitting on a sticky bench
sniffing at the light's stench passing by in waves
roaming towards our windy beach
to crash upon our sky's shores
seeping down to slip passed my peepers
to steal my mind
make it feel the night
and appreciate this meal for my sight
but I'm dealin just fine
with the sun and it's shine
I'd rather return to the real light
but I'm locked up inside a cheap life
that seems so great for only a brief time
til the clouds bring my attention back to these lines
so please pay my ransom with a sunrise
I'm frightened that my mind might freeze in the cold light
I wished upon a twinklin star but that little ball has fallen
to remind me that dreams are for sleeping
   and to get back to the real thing
   just sit down and let the dealer deal kid
   play your hand but don't gamble your meals kid
   slow your role and stay where you belong kid..
though I long to believe in
a what if, when I know where I'm going, I'll know why I am who I was
because I didn't know who I was, when I was who I am
I guess I am Sam but all I really know is that

falling stars were just shootin for the moon
and
sometimes I ask myself
if the reward is worthless without the risk
should I just start workin and miss the show
exit stage left
leave the thinking to the rest
of the artists trying to get
your attention
quietly rioting from the sidelines

or should I put work in
to try and keep the curtains from closin
with my prose, folded into rolled up newspaper clippings
the shredded guts of an old gold, that's new use is to catch birdcage drippings
worth is worse than the wind
switching direction like a first grader skipping through a field full of puddles
I'm gonna go find myself a field full of puddles


No comments:

Post a Comment