Thursday, August 22, 2013

optional

If you work for money
you work for nothing
if I take a dollar bill
and cut it up into a million pieces
I’d have the same material in my palm
but to y’all it’s no longer worth a dollar meal
and everytime I buy some weed, I laugh
it’s green for green
but I’m not fooled into thinking that my green will last
money only has the power that we give it
so I smoke my money and add to the clouds
cuz it takes faith to keep us from going bankrupt
and I only put my faith into my savior
only Jesus Christ is who I’m praisin
now before you leave, thinking:

“Here’s another christian that will hate me for my choices”

nobody is perfect, I won't judge because I’d rather we be buds
I’m not here to talk about you, but while I am
no matter what you do, be a star shining in your nighttime
cuz you were made to be the one thing that we need
whoever you are, just be who you are supposed to be
do it for the love
spittin light
your heat reaching out for some life
a hand to hold
an eye to please
a heart to warm
and these words
stuck in between all three
speaking for the bond
molecules building into this pond
reflecting the dawn
sun risin, startin your song
blessin you with waves of
hello for now but I can’t stop, there is always someone waitin for a sunrise

No comments:

Post a Comment