Monday, August 12, 2013

thistle licker

Jester, bard, minstrel
sonneteer, rhapsode
versifier, word-dumper
letter writer, nubby typer
sun-draped soliloquist
mad hatchet penman
hacking away at this pages purity
serious scribbler doin my best to color within the lines

I might be one of those
but I am definitely not a poet
I am just a kid tryin to look stoic
in this photo you took from me
now this moment is stolen
and I'm nervous
cuz I'm certain they will call me back for further questioning
but I didn't flash freeze our faces
branding the image into memory
some things are better free than in your net
let the butterfly drift
capturing this moment for yourself
keeping the beauty in your jars
preventing it from being art
I won't have a part in this
breaking off parts of the present
containing the past into fractions
I'd rather be off living in this whole now
fully appreciating every little tap of my fingers across this fence

No comments:

Post a Comment