Saturday, August 10, 2013

Sand in my shoes

cloud over my sun bathing me with this
shadow puppet
turning to new shapes as the seconds turn to minutes
just goin with the wind
never can we know the clouds
never will we hold the clouds
for more than a breath

Always
or forever
in the middle of my thought
at the end of my rainbow riding this sentence to the brink
of your attention span

your clothes are brighter than you
and you walk in like you are the coolest
can't even hold a conversation unless it's about you
won't even listen unless they talkin about you
but I know I'm no better
maybe I'm tryin to change me by hatin on who?
everyone, anyone
we could all benefit from taking a moment to look around
and observe more than what is in your news feed
stickin stuck to that screen
thinking all these people like me
but they just stuck in their own dream
I wish I could be free of this scheme
a las
I am a slave
just another cog in the machine

I am a weird kid just tryin to be normal
in this new world I am explorin
though I've been lost since I was watchin Dora in Oregon
when my biggest problem was figurin how to shirk the next chore
and
while stumbling through these dark corridors
I tripped on this torch
it was already lit
I'm just here to lift it high again
tryin to spread a little bit of light
love laugh and forget about the past
if it isn't in the present, then it wasn't meant to last
and the future is full of second chances


No comments:

Post a Comment