Thursday, June 13, 2013

week 3 who?

unfortunate when my frustration gets the best of me
and my patience takes a rest to see
the fool on my shoulder pipe up and speak

usually I keep him quite quiet
but when I slip he is quick to his feet
then unleashes his tongue to wreak havoc on anyone in reach
but I should stop saying it is he
when it is me, just trying to feel better about myself
by shoving the weakness onto a virtual freak
that only comes out when I am weakest
but its me
at my weakest
I just hope it doesn't scare you away
and maybe you will see me on a better day

one of the reasons I believe in second chances
I need them everyday
I only have folly as an ally in this game
that I've never really learned how to play
all I have is an apology
and my name following me,
a shadowy wraith
I'm
just a stranger til you fill your lungs to breath my identification

Sam
now another neighbor, like I passed some inspection
but you can't taste the flavor in the label
I'l lose your good graces the moment I'm able
not on purpose, I'm just prone to silly behavior
so I'l peace out before I break your perception
of whoever Sam is

No comments:

Post a Comment