Saturday, June 1, 2013

out loud

I breathe deep
cuz what  I have to say is rather weak
and your focus
it chokes me
I need some relief so
I breathe deep
til my feeble lungs are at capacity
of this life
we make into tragedy
when we could be livin happily
only your attitude can keep that from happening
so kick out that frown that's trappin you

  for those of you that just kicked
and the frown kicked back
    harder
I'm sorry
I was just tryin to light a spark
make my mark upon your heart
and I wanted to tell you
that you aren't the only rusty nail holdin this house up
you aren't the only patch of grass that forgot it was spring
flowers would just make this winter worse
cuz sometimes seeing happy hurts
but sometimes smiling anyways can change it
and usually prescribing smiles is more about the business
than a helping hand
just a fist stuffing numb down
til you're filled to the brim
standin on your tip toes
cuz you can't lift your chin to breathe before
the tide comes
to see you drown
between these days
you perceive as separate

the separation is imagination
for
I am you and you are me
we are each other eternally
stuck in this yin yang
this big bang in this
small world
full of loops and swirls
and waves
these waves
crashing upon drums
your drums

my wearisome lyrics
that come from years of battlin my mirror are carried to
your drums
by
these waves
that take these words from me
battered and bruised alone here I stand
and I stand
to breathe deep
cuz no one else will do it for me

No comments:

Post a Comment