Tuesday, July 9, 2013

what is this

who wants me
who needs me
who sees me
'neath
this wallflower
floating down
joining the clutter
lining this hallway

stepping through
trying to find my room
trying to find home base
my bed safe
drowning between these sheets
kicking and screaming atop
this ocean of ink
my fingertips pushing and pulling
these waves along this line
word after word
reeling in the meaning
with the crest of this pen
hooking these letters together forever

abolishing these thoughts stuck in my veins
clogging the
beat
beat
beat of my blood
filling into these words
slipping through this white
winding through this ink
                                                                                                                         
I get by
crossin this traffic like an addict
just tryin to get a hit before I split
and leave you in the pit that swallowed a kid
and spit back this figment of a man
me, barely breathin
please
I need to see this creed grow
from seed to tree, resting on this cliff
overlooking the sea
pleading with the sky
"just love me"
just come down and be
a part of a complete
mess, that we can clean
and live like this was a dream
life is just a key chain of scenes
door after door trapped
opened by this closed ring

all you've ever known is all that you own
everything else is goin with the wind
leaving you in all that you own
still trying to change all that you were shown

No comments:

Post a Comment