Monday, July 15, 2013

travel

Never satisfied by this scratching
the page pleads with me
just one more sentence
just two more seconds

Like a deep breath
these groups of words leave me refreshed
though, sometimes it doesn't catch
while I just struggle at the bottom of this inkwell
scouring the ground for
some spare sounds I can fit into some nouns and some verbs
drowning the subject with all this predicate
wrecking any second chance for these words to find a spouse
supporting all that surround them
giving and taking the meaning behind each small mound of letters
til I find the base of this mountain
when you stop tracing along these loops and swirls

building this up as I continue down this trail
a wisp of ink, curling into this smoke
gettin soaked up by your eyes
til I'm choking your mind
stoking the flames within my pen
pushing and prodding these pockets of rocket fuel
til blast off leaves my dust in the wind
blowing through this mountain searching for an out

No comments:

Post a Comment