Wednesday, January 2, 2013

let her

this life
will never be fair
so I lay my head down to pray

the truth they can fabricate
but the love is harder to fake
for now I've got to finish what's been put on my plate
maybe inflate my confidence, I'm swingin for the fences
but it feels like I'm stealin home base
such a hopeless race
but no fear can be found upon my face
with the Lord on my side my worries may as well evaporate
with him on my shoulder all my problems have been erased
He is not something you can calculate
just got to have a little faith
then with some love we could create some peace
but now it's obvious I'm just tryin to fill up this space
with some sweet syllables that soak your senses
to keep your attention away from that hopeless race
and the end with no consolation
win or lose you are in the same place
so are you here for the catch or for the chase?

the longer I'm here the harder it is to keep this light straight
doin all I can to keep this shit from gettin tangled
too much bullshit and you'll find yourself strangled
but this life it needs to be wrangled
and you could be the one to change it all
if your last breath left would you feel it was wasted?
the end is always near, I can usually taste it
but a new beginning will soon replace this
find a way to face it
and soon in the Lord's presence you will be bastin'

No comments:

Post a Comment