Friday, January 18, 2013

ember

Real
is it what you feel
or what you feel with
is it the fruit or the peel
is it what you deal with
or the meal
is it on a wheel
turning upside down
is it on the ground or the ceiling
or is it in these words I am wielding
to spar with your thoughts unyielding
is it the shield for my dreams
or a poison that slowly seeps
is it that which can heal me
or just a dagger in my heel
could you confine the truth and seal it
send it in a letter
cuz I want to be better
I want to know you
I need to show you
that there is no you
it's us
and not just us
but all of them too
we are all here together
no matter the weather
so bring along a sweatshirt

it could rain
it could shine
it could be late
but we'll be fine
just try to shake
the dusk from your mind
and never fear
that which you cannot hear
breathing down your back
sending chills up your spine
like a battle cry
exciting the nerves that receive
this need to believe
in a something after we recede
low tide high tide
I'm ridin this rogue wave
all the way to the sunset
and I'm not done yet
unless the rise
is where I'm meant
to meet my demise
this end I don't despise
mostly cuz the end won't stop
for my pissy little sighs
of despair
this isn't fair, it's life
so you can care or you can spite
either way you will have to fight
but this world is prepared
instead you slept in late
so all we can do is try
and I feel it's easier with a smile
anger can bring some unnecessary trials
think about it for a while

this place
is chaos
and we
are catalysts
do you need me to break it down
or can we start to build up
from this rock to the top
and if I flop
at least I shot
at least I fought
at most I sought a way to untangle
these knots my thoughts are caught in
left out to rot
right in this plot
climax and resolution
tried that, but y'all are used to it
so my plan is quite unusual
by land I'm going to
unleash impending doom

so light your candle
and warn them
but keep a handful
of that warmth
to keep a handle
on this storm
it won't be in a familiar form
best hope you're ready for what's in store
I warn ya, I'm far from normal
not since I was born
even before my story started
I was as crazy as a crow
trying to hide on some snow
as weak as a withering coat
as weird as a snail is slow
lame as a boat that doesn't float
as hopeless as a knock-knock joke
as meager as a dead frog's croak
I live like I got a knife on my throat
this reality is only one moment from being over
so I take this world's bullshit, bottle it and throw it in the ocean
let it roam to another coast
I'm not ending this life on an unhappy note
and I won't want to regret the times I should have spoke
from this gamble I don't know if I'll make it home
so I'm going for broke
leaving it all at this table
and if I'm unable to make it
promise me you'll write a fable
of all the times we made this our world
when we used to reach out and take it
those memories they are my favorite
life is short so I'm gonna savor
this little flavor that turns to vapor once its paid for
sometimes I still wish I could have stayed yours
but all I can change is my attitude
I'll take this bad mood
strap up and shoot it
may seem rude but
a lot of things get misconstrued
because people like to talk before they let their thoughts brew
there is one truth but a lot of different views
we may get a little confused cuz
other perspectives seem askew
but 7 billion hues all have their own issue of today's news
and I think it's overdue that somebody found a glue that could take these many hostilities and make them a few

No comments:

Post a Comment