Monday, January 7, 2013

freestyle of sorts

something new
just for who?
not you
rather my old pal Lou

don't bury the hatchet
just let me have it
so I can type this from scratch
and attack
hacking at the English language

there is no ink path
for me to follow
just this hollow page
and this is all the rage
letting these words trickle down
into the round holes beneath your crown
where light goes in and your soul pours out
so I leave some empty spaces
room for your soul
in between these battle scars
embedded from the start
these marks each take a piece
and I had no reason
to disrupt your peace
I just really need this
and my mind conceded
to this addiction
as reliable as the seasons
everyday spent under this curse
but enough about my journey to the hearse
I'll leave you with these words
screaming and biting your eyes
prying deep inside your mind
finding the shine and unwinding
its binds that were leaving you blind
but don't give me credit, I chalk it up to the divine

No comments:

Post a Comment