Sunday, November 11, 2012

thoughts stuck in this ink

Tuning into the resonations of these ancient echos
vibrating this future into what is and has been this whole past
we've been trudging through one present at a time

Lord
you are my everything
you are my nothing
you are there when I need you
you are there when I don't want you
I could have beaten your back with your cross and you would still love me
I deserve to be beaten by your cross but you turned your cheek to take the thrashing
you took my punishment and gave me life
with you, for this present, that never ends
ever-moving forward
we will never get to a future because it has already passed us on the left
while we were looking to be right

every single shot provoking more thoughts
spelled out in these ink blots
to show you who you are
pending on what you see
what you read and perceive
all these words stuck in these lines
breaking free through your eyes
breaking free of these paradigms
seeking the answer but only finding more questions
perhaps there is no answer
only more questions to toy with your mind
to make you think there is an answer
but what you fail to see, with these questions blinding you,
is the beauty your eyes can't help but absorb
the sweet sounds your ears can not keep out
the delicate touches your skin does not know how to ignore
no matter how hard we try to avoid it, this world is here for us to experience
so stop trying to dissect it and live for once

No comments:

Post a Comment