Monday, November 12, 2012

normal days

Everyone is insane, we just got our different symptoms
and we all got our own way to try and fix them
again and again we rise and we fall
chasing that bouncing ball, hopping along these syllables
in this sing along they keep trying to get us to live.
we will not sing your songs, I will not be kept from being myself
I skip along this path to my own beat, and no one can take this tune from me
we do not fit into these roles, these little boxes they try to cram us in to
we are fireworks that light up the sky at noon, you will not snuff us out
 Here I am again thinking through this ink
keeping my mind stuck to this page, trying to drown this moment in these lines
killing this time with these scribbled words
but these words are not mine
I did not write them
my pen did
I did not read them
you did
I did not inspire them
He did
these words are not mine
so I shall not treat them as such
here take them, they are for you
I didn't want to hold on to them anyway
these nouns and verbs can get heavy

No comments:

Post a Comment