Tuesday, November 27, 2012

falling start

words stalling
do you feel alright?
I've seen the dark side of these falling stars and they don't look like they don't look like they don't look like they want to grant your wishes
so best ya start washin them dishes
everyone starts somewhere and its never at the finish
you got to take care of your business
and I doubt I'm the first to tell you this
but maybe this will be the first time you listen and apply
instead of the usual cringe and roll of your eyes
watching the lecture pass through out the other side
maybe go out and fix someone else's problems
like they just want to make it all better

but clumsy me stumblin through this life
makin a bigger mess of all this chaos thrown my way
I'd swear I'd kill myself if I knew who that was
so I'll live this life figuring that out within these puddles of words
that could only reflect who I was
the light bouncing out into my eyes is behind my present ever so
slightly
so the only me I'll ever see is a little bit tardy
and he has been tryin so hard see, but he will just never make it
cuz everything I am is just barely not enough
so I'll keep trying to fool you with this bluff
lies can turn to truth with the right practice
so I keep telling myself I have reason to exist
but lately I've been feelin like pleadin the fifth
and stayin silent, but these words, they try and fix this
by yelling quietly from within these lines
sometimes I feel I'm only here to keep them from going overboard
pullin damage control, running around with my mop bucket
just tryin to catch a buck it can get hard but I must pluck at the wind
searching for some worth
in these eyes that get away

and they don't leave without leaving behind some weight
like sand in my shoes I will never get all this out
just breaking me down so I can build me up
with these broken dreams collecting as dust
into these dusty mountains that cover the sun at dusk
a sunset I could only see in these dreams that taste so sweet
and my selfish eyes stay shut
keeping the main course for themselves
while I'm drowning in these sheets
of ink stained white
empty pages
f l e e t i n g



No comments:

Post a Comment