Tuesday, November 20, 2012

finish this one for me

I'm just scribbling these letters
writing about nothing
thinking about something
hopin it will trickle down
before I relinquish the sound
and drown these thoughts in a puddle of this ink
finally some silence 
not much can keep my mind quiet
a nice pen and paper to take this riot
and try to write it out on these white sheets
and I got no white out, my mistakes are here to stay
maybe pick up a lesson and some spare change
you've got to let the small things build you up
just in case the big things try to knock you down
and when the small things keep you down
best go big and build it for yourself

bite this thumb
crawl before you run
climb before you jump
look within before you judge
open up before you shun
die so that you may be risen
through Jesus
my only reason to keep this heart beating
but it breaks me to see him
in the streets
begging for change, but only getting the same
loving them and only receiving hate
the stones may be a metaphor these days
but they throw them all the same
casting shadows in the shape of rain clouds blocking my sun's rays



No comments:

Post a Comment