Monday, December 30, 2013

I don't know if I belong in church yet

but
you don't have to be perfect
to be perfect
no no
you don't have to be perfect
to be worth it
I was only looking to nurture
ever since I heard that
the world won't stop turnin
even if we manage to burn it

so I'll just sit in these suburbs
and try to free myself from this curb cuz
my mind is stuck on that December
a month spent slurrin love for her and
I know I will never earn it
just got to let the world keep turnin
while I sit and ponder this earth and
all the crazy people that are workin for the weekend
and missing the middle, thats five out of seven days you are shirking
just to go out and forget what you learned
from all the hurtin you endured


I can't stop this talking
because I am clasped by your eyes
but my mouth keeps running without my mind
hiding behind this night and all my dreams
while
my fingers push along this inky kite
like a bike in mid flight
just waiting
to land
to see
that the sky isn't everything
until it meets the sea
to tell it
that you don't have to be perfect
to keep searchin for a purpose
you don't have to be perfect
but I'm nervous
that you think I need to be
so I keep reminding myself
that I'm not perfect
and anyone that expects
nothing but perfection from us blemished mirrors
will fall to depression
because without Jesus we wouldn't even know perfect
and we don't have to be perfect
to benefit from his work
we don't have to be perfect
to serve him



No comments:

Post a Comment