Friday, December 20, 2013

puddle knuckle problems

this one time
I said this one thing
about this other time
that I said too much
thoughts
are stuck inside this tunnel I've been building
trying to bridge the two halves of my heart
with yesterdays broken dreams and tomorrow's hopeful scenes
by mixing them together into today's slowest streams of consciousness
creeping along, a tributary for this river
of something I could never hold
merely watch
as it sails away
into the bottom of this page
finding new horizons with every twist and every turn
winding east and west
chasing the sun as it rises and sets
and on the off chance the river and I cross paths, I'm ready to copy and paste the taste of dancing water into this frozen prose that I know won't solve a thing but I still throw my only bone into this notebook trying to make it grow and show you moments that I stole
because
I'm too scared to let the unknown roam without me
I've got to know, I've got to go
so before you tell me to slow
I'll be on the road
kickin rocks at the moon
just trying to leave my own dent



No comments:

Post a Comment