Sunday, December 8, 2013

socks with no shoes

please
let me say this
before it says me
I'm traveling through this void
in a constant battle with my words
they are always trying to slip from my mouth
vigilance is not enough so I find these empty corners
and fill them with the puddles of blood
oozing from the tip of this pen I've stuffed with hazy memories
of sunny days and otterpops
of snowy nights and hot chocolate
of leaves below and clouds above
with me in between trying to find the margin
to maybe feel complete
cuz
I'm a boat without a crew
I'm a sky without the blue
I'm a song that's out of tune
I'm a mirror without you
I'm a tool that's never used
I'm the end and I'm confused
because I could have sworn this had just started
but I'm just a kid without a clue

No comments:

Post a Comment