Friday, February 22, 2013

don't judge this by the title

Maybe I've lost it in this maze
and this candle wax map only distracts
never has it led me to the light, but
now I've got a chance to do
anything

so I'll just mosey on through this life
until the answer finds me
stuck in my corner
it seems like love is for suckers
and I'm just another lolipop in your pocket
waiting, itchin to get picked
so you can unwrap this plastic that keeps the fakes out
but just another runner in this marathon
you might not check your pockets for a while

now


You are on your last hope, 
so fill up your cups 
and leave me behind because this journey 
won’t be your first attempt to escape all these complications.

My last hope is to find something that is more than just the basic instinct to continue the species.
And I’ve been chillin with her with only the intention of friendship, her smile is damn near perfection, every time I make her laugh I feel this infection grow, but never will I make the first move, I am not shrewd enough to prevent my losing that game, I’ve never learned the rules and when I talk to her I usually drool, lookin in her eyes leaves me smilin like a fool, with saliva forming a pool under my dunce cap deserving face, I wish I could just sit in my corner on a stool, to prevent her from noticing the amount of cool I will never possess, I don’t even try to impress her, cuz all I would do is scare her away and cause my own depression, so this friendship I cherish because at least I get to be invested in this happiness that’s so refreshing, even if I’ll never get to caress her precious body pressed up against mine I still get to feel this comfort within her presence



No comments:

Post a Comment