Tuesday, February 26, 2013

catching live beginnings

If you are reading this
I'm sorry
these words I am bleeding
aren't
they are happy you are seeing this
while my wound goes unhealed
this pool of me receives your attention
lines it up and rails it, like they need you
need you to keep supplying your eyes
so that these words can feel like they are going somewhere
instead of just stuck, floating in this lost sea
stuck with all these other words that are crampin their style
taking their definition and warping it to fit into your mind
as one fluid meaning, within these solid sentences
saying all these words without saying anything at all
I just felt like twisting some diction into an inscription
another cave painting for you to uncover
all you see is read, cuz the only color I have comes from my veins
tick tock my heart beats passed this time of day
giving me the rhythm from inside the prison betwixt my skin
hopping along free to follow my bouncing ball
that is oblong and always falls off this track
so don't mind me, I'll be back here chasing dead ends

1 comment: