Sunday, October 21, 2012

This is to you

to you, the girl that laughs at my jokes when I'm sleeping
the girl I can approach when I'm dreaming
the girl I talk to without ever speaking
tiny little conversations when our eyes meet
and the moment they lock in I am peaking
on this high that your silent stare increases
so I look away before I start seeking
hope that your gaze will be mine for the keeping
I would walk up but my confidence is leaking
as if my pants I were peeing
I just want to know what you're thinking
but, I know that is not something I will recieve
so I live with this doubt, walking with it in my shoes
cuz I feel pretty sure that I'm just another pair of eyes from across the room
bleeding out these pleading messages that maybe today will contain the moment
that brings us together. Though I have this inkling that is silently saying maybe this fixation could become mutual, if I wasn't so obsessed with getting your affection, spending every chance setting my attention on your direction
Then I realize, I'm still writing about her, I just give her a new name and face to trick myself into thinking I'm over her, but I am most definitely still under her spell that's so lovely and smells of pungent flowers tired of the ground, slowly reaching around to find up and the sky within, which is no more than an idea, for what is up to me could be down to thee and the white I see could be anything to ye, such infinite possibilities to how we perceive this world we make real within our imagination
please come watch with me as the sun setting behind these mountains ranges makes the sky look like ripped pages out of the story I've been painting on the horizon


No comments:

Post a Comment