Wednesday, April 24, 2013

something else

There is no ritual
to get His love
all you need is habitual conversation
to perpetuate the relationship
you can read some scripture
or you could find some broken people
and try to help them fix it
or you can just be broken together
for strength against bad weather
it's always good to have a tether
to keep your head down on this ground
I'm usually stuck up in the clouds
but of this I'm not that proud so
I try to keep from being loud
to avoid attracting attention from the crowd
and I appreciate when you bring me back down
it can get quite cold in the sky
and I really don't like their eyes on me
I flee from this spotlight
all night, runnin from this prison
around this neck you will see no chains
I am not their slave
I know how to behave but I will resist until my grave
the only king I praise is Jesus and his great faith
to my Lord I turn my face to feel his presence in the rain

No comments:

Post a Comment