Saturday, April 13, 2013

mistitled

I don't want to forget, I just don't want it to hurt
I'll remember until I'm put back into this Earth>
So don't get offended when I am prone to flirt
Cuz these girls are just an attempt to cover up my bleeding heart with a new shirt
At first it all seems clean, but the pain will shine through and make this all worse
Besides, I'll never take them anywhere, my feelings have become inert
Completely vanished, it's like my emotions were put under a curse
Not that I mind, in fact I wish this had happened at birth
I finally see what my feelings are actually worth
And it is not that much, they should be out on the curb
About as important as that which lays under a red fern
So I wake up these mornings and watch the sun start falling
As mother nature and man-made continue with their brawling
While the clouds hold it all in 'til they can't help from bawling
And we run around tryin to live, but we're only stalling
The inevitable, sooner not later the Earth will start swallowin
us back up, nothing will stop this, so please stop all this wallowin
Everyone is trying to lead but me, I've got a leader that I'm followin
It is He who is I Am and He is all I will always need
Only through Him will I grow and one day succeed 
You see, every great tree had to start as a tiny seed
So here I am, starting out as small as a bracelet bead
With God as my sower I'll grow to be as tall as the oceans are deep
Within my writings, the Lord always does seem to creep
Perhaps you, he is trying to reach
If you let him in your heart, I promise He is no leach
He only wants to build you up, and clean you off like some bleach
Okay that was a stretch, but that is why I don't try to preach
My words find a way to ruin what they were trying to teach
So I am going to end this before it all comes to a screeching halt

No comments:

Post a Comment