Sunday, March 31, 2013

something something something

under these letters
is a pure empty
but my stain has something to say
so it had to change the pure
to this mess
that is trying to possess your attention
and the tension has it stressed
I must confess, I'm no good at writing
I'm just blessed to be holding this pen
while my Brother, my Father, my Keeper
sends me on this quest to progress through this text
til I reach some sort of end
that blends with the emptiness
you won't notice
until I stop covering it up with
my best attempt at answering these questions
but I can't say I'm too invested in this hunt for a treasure chest
I'm too lost in my many attempts at snatching your attraction
like I'm bat shit crazed on the action of grabbing some traction
and running through the movements of this slew of truth spent
making pews out of park benches
and breaking the fences
that keep church in a room
got to let it spread out pollinate and bloom
rather than bring gloom
to your Sunday morning
I swear
loving Jesus doesn't have to be boring

No comments:

Post a Comment